Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cindy's trip to the Visual Art Center

 During my visit to the Visual Arts Center I viewed Oscar Muniz's works. I photographed this piece because it relates a lot to life. The piece demonstrates a process of change and progression throughout the artwork. Which makes me think it seems to be fleeting. This reminds me of how everything in life changes. Everything is just temporary. People come and go, you grow old, and eventually you die and decay. I really loved this work of all.
 
 
Also in my experience at the Visual Arts Center, I figured out that our teacher is very well known! My boyfriend and I stumbled upon a piece we thought was highly interesting and then I noticed it was by Amie Oliver! I hope that this will inspire the other classmates to go to this show and see what I saw, and also check out our teacher's work. You really never know who you have as a teacher (especially in art classes) until you do some research. In this case, I just so happened to find an interesting artwork that turned out to be related to our class!
 
Cindy Hennessey

No comments:

Post a Comment